This is the most basic version of Chinese Steamed Egg. Perhaps you can say it's the Chinese equivalent of Chawanmushi. It is also known as 蒸水蛋 i.e. "steamed water eggs", because it is literally just steaming a water-egg mixture. Most Chinese households have this dish in their house menu as it's really simple to made and it has hardly any ingredients at all.
- 300 ml water use warm water
- 3 eggs large
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/8 tsp chicken stock granules
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fried garlic with oil
- 1 tbsp spring onions chopped
- Prepare all ingredients needed. Crack three eggs into a large bowl. Lightly beat eggs and then slowly add in warm water. Add seasonings...
- Get the full instructions at Huang Kitchen by Angie Liew