This lovely skillet supper combines chicken with mushrooms, artichokes, tomatoes and leeks, then it's garnished with basil and parmesan cheese. Healthy, low calorie, gluten free and clean eating.
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut lengthwise into 3 or 4 strips (or cut in one-inch chunks))
- sea salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 large leek (green top removed, sliced and separated into rings)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 14 oz. can artichoke hearts (quartered, drained)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 8 oz. fresh button mushrooms (washed well)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (roughly chopped, divided use (I used 5 large leaves))
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- parmesan cheese shavings (for garnish, as desired)
- Heat olive oil in a very large skillet. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook in hot oil for several minutes on each...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen