Chicken soup the way they make it in Mexico!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion coarsely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves chopped
- 2 fresh limes one halved for cooking, one quartered for serving
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon powdered cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper optional
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast or 3 boneless skinless thighs or 4 tenders
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves chopped. Reserve a little for garnish.
- 1 15 ounce can corn kernels drained
- 1 15 ounce can black beans drained
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans drained
- 2 Roma tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1/2 avocado coarsely chopped or sliced. for garnish
- 4 tablespoons sour cream for garnish
- 4 corn tortillas
- Coarsely chop up a small onion and two fresh seeded jalapeño peppers. The more jalapeño seeds that wind up in the soup the hotter it is...
- Get the full instructions at Poppop Cooks