Bring home a rotisserie chicken and after dinner use the bones for this rich and delicious stock. It is made with onion, carrots, celery and spices. Just set to simmer and a few hours later you have delicious, homemade chicken stock to use or freeze for later.
- 1 3 lb. rotisserie chicken
- 1 large onion (ends removed, quartered)
- 4 carrots (ends removed, cut into thirds)
- 4 stalks celery (bottoms removed, cut into thirds)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 15 black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsely or 1 T. fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 2 fresh sprigs
- 12 cup water
- Remove all meat from chicken and refrigerate or eat. In a large, heavy pot, place chicken bones, skins and juices. To the pot, add the...
- Get the full instructions at The Girl Who Serves Spumoni