Superb cobbler-type dessert with cherry pie filling, coconut and walnuts in a delicious streusel crust and topping. This is great served warm with ice cream.
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened or melted)
- 2 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (but any kind of nuts will do)
- Mix oatmeal, flour, brown sugar and coconut together. Stir to combine. Add melted butter and mix until very well combined. (It is almost...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen