This fantastic pound cake is filled with cream cheese, fresh cherries and almond extract. The almond flavored icing causes it to explode in flavor. This is a marvelous way to use cherries when they're in season.
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese (softened )
- 3 sticks unsalted butter (softened (1 1/2 cups))
- 3 cups cake flour (NO OTHER FLOUR SUBSTITUTIONS)
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 4 cups fresh cherries (pitted and halved)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp. half-and-half (the least amount necessary for a thick icing)
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Cream butter and cream cheese. Add sugar, eggs and 1 ½ tsp. almond extract. Stir in flour and cherries. Generously grease and flour two...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen