These amazing sugar cookies use fresh cherries and almond extract for extraordinary flavor. Perfect summer holiday dessert when cherries are in season. Substitute maraschino cherries during the Christmas baking season.
- 3 1/2 sticks unsalted butter ((salted butter can also be used))
- 3 1/2 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour ((bleached flour toughens baked goods))
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups fresh cherries (pitted, diced, and patted dry really well (I only had 1 ½ cups but 2 cups would be better))
- Pit cherries. Cut into small pieces and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. Blend butter to a peak with an electric mixer. Add sugar,...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen