This fabulous mac & cheese uses 3 cheeses, a little hot sauce to give it zip and panko bread crumbs as a topping. Great comfort food.
- 16 oz. dry radiatore macaroni ((or elbow macaroni) )
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter ((half stick))
- 1/3 cup UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 6-7 drops hot sauce
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded (or substitute Monterey Jack cheese))
- 1 1/3 cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 8 oz. block sharp cheddar cheese (sliced (or use white cheddar cheese))
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted (half stick) (See note below))
- 2/3 cup Panko bread crumbs ( (see note below))
- fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8x12 or large oval glass baking dish. In a large stock pot, boil the pasta according to package...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen