Cauliflower cheese is a comforting side dish of cooked cauliflower in a white Parmesan cheese sauce that gets an added zing from English mustard powder. It is then transferred to the broiler until bubbly and brown.
- 1 1/2 pounds cauliflower, florets
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus 1 teaspoon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk, hot
- 3 1/2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add 3 quarts (12 cups) water to a boil in a large saucepan. Once boiling add 1 tablespoon salt and cauliflower. Cook the cauliflower for...
- Get the full instructions at Savory Experiments