Catfish stew is a hearty and filling stew that combines Catfish fillets, potatoes, tomatoes, and bacon. It originated in South Carolina and is loved by many in this local region. This recipe will show you how to make catfish stew.
- 2 lbs catfish fillets
- 8 Potatoes
- 1 lb Thick Cut Bacon
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 Can tomatoe paste
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Hot Sauce (Texas Pete or Franks Red Hot is what I prefer)
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 2-3 ribs celery
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Quarts water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or canola
- Dice up the onion, mince garlic, cut up celery, and cut potatoes in nice even pieces. Set potatoes aside in a separate bowl. You can...
- Get the full instructions at Southern Food Junkie