This outrageous over-the-top cake is layered with pecans, coconut and vanilla chips. Then it's topped with carrot cake batter and cream cheese icing. The icing sinks into the cake while baking causing a volcano effect. This rich, decadent dessert is perfect for company or holidays. Serve with ice cream and caramel sauce.
- 1 box Betty Crocker Carrot Cake Mix
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half (do not use water to mix the cake batter)
- 1 cup finely diced pecans
- 1 1/2 cups coconut
- 12 oz. bag vanilla chips
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese (cubed)
- 1 stick unsalted butter ((1/2 cup))
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9x13” baking dish. Spread pecans, then coconut and finally white vanilla chips in the bottom of...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen