Scrumptious applesauce cake that tastes like eating caramel apples! That's because this one has caramel sauce in the batter. Made with a delicious apple cider buttercream frosting.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 13/4 cups Gold Medal UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 11/2 tsp. baking soda
- 11/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 11/2 cups light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce (homemade or from a jar)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 11/2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour three (8 or 9 inch) round cake pans and set aside. In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, applesauce,...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen