This soup was inspired by a trip to the market in September. The apple adds sweetness that is contrasted by the sour notes from the apple cider vinegar. The smoked turkey sausage adds depth of flavour. The turkey sausage can be substituted for bacon. This soup is simple and makes a great breakfast, lunch or easy weekday dinner.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 cups cabbage (chopped in to 1 inch pieces)
- 1 tsp thyme (dried)
- 1 clove garlic (pressed)
- 1 apple (chopped to 1/2 inch pieces)
- 4 cups broth (use chicken or beef bone broth if you have)
- 1 smoked turkey sausage (chopped in to 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- black pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- Crush garlic clove into a small dish and set aside. Cut the cabbage in half, be sure to cut out the core, then slice and cut in to 1 inch...
- Get the full instructions at TrulyU Functional Nutrition