Fabulous old-world recipe from my grandmother that's incredibly savory and delicious. This is a clean-eating recipe using bacon without nitrates or sugar and homemade gluten free noodles.
- 1 head cabbage (shredded or sliced in small pieces)
- 8 oz. Petersen uncured bacon or bacon of your choice, cut in one to one-and-a-half inch pieces (without sugar)
- 1 1/2 tsp. pink Himalayan sea salt, or to taste (or use regular salt)
- 3/4 tsp. ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 batch Homemade Gluten Free or regular egg noodles <li class="ERSeparator">HOMEMADE GLUTEN FREE NOODLES:
- 2 cups Pamela's artisan blend gluten free flour (or use unbleached all-purpose flour; plus more for rolling out the dough)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. pink Himalayan sea salt
- 2/3 to 1 cup water (as needed to form dough)
- First, prepare noodles: Measure flour into a mixing bowl. Sprinkle salt over top and stir to combine. Add eggs and stir with a wooden...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen