This is one amazing pasta dish. Butternut squash subtly flavors a rich, creamy cheesy sauce filled with macaroni. Spectacular flavor and kid friendly.
- 2 1/2 cups butternut squash (roasted or boiled)
- 8 oz. Barilla pasta , cooked al dente, and drained (I used piccolini – miniature penne)
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter (divided use)
- 2 tbsp. Gold Medal self-rising flour
- 2 tbsp. diced green onions
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. white or black pepper (I used white pepper)
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup kikkoman panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup 6-cheese Italian cheese blend (shredded, (Parmesan, Fontina, Asiago, Mozzarella, Provolone, Romano))
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- fresh parsley for garnish (if desired.)
- Roast butternut squash. Remove peel and seeds and cut down in small dice—about 1/3” cubes. If boiling, peel butternut squash. Cut in...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen