Delicious dinner bread made in the breadmaker using whole wheat flour with a recipe for homemade buttermilk (sour milk). This recipe makes a 2-lb. loaf. Buttermilk Wheat Bread rises so well because of the addition of Vital Wheat Gluten.
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. Crisco shortening
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 4 cups Hodgson Mills whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. yeast
- 4 tsp. Hodgson Mills vital wheat gluten
- Measure ingredients in the order listed into the Bread Maker Baking pan. Insert baking pan into oven chamber, twist to secure. Close lid....
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen