This classic cornbread is moistened with buttermilk and sweetened with brown sugar and a touch of honey. Great served with your favorite chili or soup.
- 1 cup Wayside Inn stone-ground cornmeal (or other stone-ground cornmeal)
- 1 cup Gold Medal UNBLEACHED flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 tsp. baking powder (aluminum free preferred)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted and cooled slightly (1 stick))
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk (or soured milk)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease and flour an 8x12” glass baking dish. Set aside. Whisk the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen