One of the cakes I absolutely love is butter cake – plain simple and old fashion but always good butter cake. Butter cakes consist of taking the most basic of ingredients – butter, sugar, eggs, flour and a leavening agent ( baking powder ) and transforming these into a baked cake with a wonderful taste and texture.
- 180gbutterroom temperature and cut into small cubes
- 30gCaster sugar
- 45gegg yolksfrom 3 large eggs
- 3/4teaspoonvanilla extract
- 150gSelf-raising floursifted
- 45mlmilk1/4 cup
- 105gegg whitefrom 3 large eggs
- 70gCaster sugar
- Preheat oven to 160 degree C. Line bottom and sides of square cake pan (6 x 6 x 2 inch) with parchment paper. Cream butter and 30g sugar...
- Get the full instructions at Huang Kitchen by Angie Liew