This fantastic broccoli salad recipe includes strawberries, grapes, matchsticks carrots, celery, almonds, sunflower seeds and uncured, nitrate-free bacon. It uses a healthy Greek yogurt dressing. It's the perfect side dish for holidays, backyard barbecues or potlucks.
- 2-3 large heads broccoli crowns (cut into bite size florets )
- 16 oz. container fresh strawberries (sliced or diced)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 cup matchsticks carrots
- 1 cup grapes (halved)
- 1 cup sliced or chopped almonds
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sunflower seed kernels
- 1/3 cup red onion (chopped)
- 4-6 slices nitrate & preservative-free bacon (fried crisp and broken into small pieces (I used 8-slices bacon))
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey (or agave syrup or sugar)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Layer salad ingredients in serving bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Combine salad dressing ingredients and refrigerate until ready...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen