Breakfast Sausage Apple Pie is made with sausage, apple pie filling, cheddar cheese & a delicious streusel topping. It's an awesome breakfast pie that's hearty, savory, filling and so satisfying. It's comfort food extraordinaire and wonderful for weekend, company or holiday breakfasts.
- 1 lb. bulk pork sausage
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour ((I prefer unbleached flour))
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter (cold (1/4 cup))
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Cook sausage until well done; drain on paper towels. Prick unbaked pie shell with fork. Sprinkle sausage on bottom of crust, top with pie...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen