Bread and butter pudding is one of the most popular and simple, old-fashioned British desserts. Layered of bread slices are bathed in a vanilla custard, sprinkled with raisins, dusted with delicious nutmeg and baked until golden brown.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more for greasing pan
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, plus 2 teaspoons
- 2 1/2 cups half and half, or half cream, half whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 16 slices white bread, crusts removed and cut into triangles, day or 2-days old
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- grated nutmeg, fresh
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with unsalted butter. Add the eggs to a bowl with 2 tablespoons of the sugar and whisk until pale and the...
- Get the full instructions at Food Fanatic