These Black Sesame Glutinous Rice Balls (Tang Yuan) have the springy texture of mochi with delicious black sesame paste stuffed inside. They are soft, juicy and chewy ..... taste so good with the fragrant black sesame filling oozing out in just a bite, one will simply never have enough of them.
- 250 grams glutinous rice flour
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cups COLD water
- 1/4 cup Black Sesame Seeds (toasted and coarsely ground)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 150 grams old ginger (skin peeled and lightly crushed)
- 1 tsp sweet osmanthus
- 2 screw pine leaves (knotted)
- Start by boiling ginger syrup. First, peel the skin off the old ginger. Then, cut the ginger into thick pieces and lightly bruised them...
- Get the full instructions at Huang Kitchen by Angie Liew