This Betty Crocker Apple Pie recipe produces a golden, flaky crust and a warm and comforting filling with a delicious hint of spice. It's perfect served warm on cooler days or cold with ice cream in summer.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening, plus 2 tablespoons
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 apples, (tart) thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of flour with 1 tsp salt. Cut in the shortening and either use a food processor or your hands,...
- Get the full instructions at Savory Experiments