This fabulous cake uses pureed strawberries and gelatin in the cake and more pureed strawberries and strawberry extract in the cream cheese frosting. Best Strawberry Cake is so rich, sweet and decadent you will find it divine!
- 18.25 oz. box white cake mix
- 3 oz. box instant strawberry gelatin
- 15 oz. ctn. strawberries in syrup (frozen, thawed and pureed)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (or half-and-half or whole milk)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened (1/2 stick) )
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese (softened)
- 10 oz. ctn. strawberries in syrup (frozen, thawed and pureed (see note below))
- 1/2 tsp. strawberry extract
- 7 cups powdered sugar ((yes, it's really this much sugar))
- freshly sliced strawberries (for garnish, if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Generously grease and flour three 9-inch round cake pans. Set aside. Combine cake mix and gelatin. Add...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen