If you're looking for the best challah bread recipe around, you'll love this one from Martha Stewart!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more for bowl, plus 2 tbsp (melted) for brushing
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached bread flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup water, warmed to 100 degrees
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk, warmed to 100 degrees
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Grease a large bowl with butter and set aside. Stir the rest of the ingredients, except for one beaten egg and the butter for brushing,...
- Get the full instructions at Savory Experiments