This dish is really simple and even looks a bit messy, but in its simplicity wonderful flavours are hidden. This colourful combination of beetroot, apple, shallots and crispy baked sausage tastes great! This recipe uses chicken sausage, but do feel free to choose whatever kind of sausage you like. You can easily turn it into a vegetarian dish. this kids-approved dish is an easy recipe for parents to serve their children a healthy meal.
- 1 tbsp canola oil, butter, ghee or coconut oil whatever you prefer
- 4 pieces chicken sausages or any other kind
- 500 g beetroot precooked
- 2 pieces shallots
- 1000 g mashing potatoes (unpeeled & uncooked) use high starch potatoes for the best result (waxy potatoes will result into a gummy, gluey texture)
- 200 ml warm milk use the type of milk you have at hand
- 1 pinch nutmeg Mummy prefers freshly grated
- 2 pieces apple non-treated so you can keep the peel on
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar Mummy uses the white version for this recipe
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- to your liking salt & pepper
- Collect all ingredients from the above ingredients list to start with the so-called "mise-en-place", a French culinary phrase that means...
- Get the full instructions at LittleBoy2Be