This delicious soup is flavored with a [url href="http://www.betterthanbouillon.com/" target="_blank" title="better than bouillon beef base"]beef base[/url] that makes this spectacular. You can also make this soup in the slow cooker.
- 2 1/2 lbs. stew meat (cut in bite-sized pieces)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 10-14 cups water
- 3 scant tablespoons Better Than Bouillon Beef Base
- 3 ribs celery, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 white onions (diced)
- 3/4 tsp. minced garlic from a jar
- 1 large or 2 small potatoes, peeled and shredded (about 2 cups)
- 3-4 large carrots, peeled and shredded (about 2 cups)
- sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup Quaker barley (rinsed)
- parsley for garnish (if desired)
- In a large stock pot, add olive oil and heat. Add beef. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Brown beef in oil in three or four...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen