This mac and cheese recipe comes courtesy of the Barefoot Contessa. It's a nice twist on a classic dish.
- kosher salt
- vegetable oil
- pound elbow macaroni
- 1 quart milk
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 cup extra sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 small whole tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 375. Drizzle oil into a pot of boiling/salted water. Mix in the macaroni and cook according to the directions on the...
- Get the full instructions at Savory Experiments