These delectable Banana Blondies have a rich, decadent Browned Butter Icing to die for! Great for holiday entertaining, parties, potlucks or any family get-together.
- 2 cups Gold Medal UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted (and browned, if desired) (one cup)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 cup ripe bananas (mashed with a fork)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- <li class="ERSeparator">BROWNED SUGAR ICING:
- 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. milk or half-and-half
- To brown butter, place in saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Boil, stirring constantly until lightly browned. This may take...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen