Baked Bamboo Charcoal Mooncakes are basically similar to the traditional baked mooncakes. Only difference is, bamboo charcoal powder is added when making the mooncake skin. As it turns out, in terms of look, well, it's 'awfully' pretty. In terms of taste, it does impart a mild sweetness to the mooncake skin.
- 175gramgolden syrup
- 55grampeanut oil
- 1tspalkaline wateror Lye water
- 1/8tspbaking soda
- 240gramall-purpose flour
- 7grambamboo charcoal powder
- 1200gramlotus seed pastehomemade or store bought
- 40grammelon seedstoasted
- 10Salted egg yolksbaked
- 1egg yolk
- First, have ready ingredients for the mooncake skin. Then, prepare ingredients for the mooncake fillings Separate and retain salted egg...
- Get the full instructions at Huang Kitchen by Angie Liew