from Deccan / hyderabadi cuisine
- 2 cups rice (long grain / basmathi)
- 2 tsp cooking oil (or ghee)
- 5-6 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf (dry)
- 1 tsp caraway seeds (Shah jeera)
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 tsp ginger (grated)
- 1 tsp garlic (chopped fine)
- salt to taste
- 10 golden raisins
- mint leaves (a few for garnish ( optional))
- Wash the basmati / long grain rice and soak for a short while. Clean, peel and slice the onion thin. Set aside Into the pressure cooker (...
- Get the full instructions at Mildly Indian – Trot around the world, savor the flavors.