This is one of the most sensational cornbread recipes you'll ever eat. It's filled with bacon and cheddar cheese and sweetened with honey and molasses providing both sweet and savory flavor. This recipe is gluten free.
- 1 cup Longfellow’s Wayside Inn grist mill cornmeal
- 1/2 cup Pamela’s gluten free baking and pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or soured milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp. Grandma’s molasses
- 2 tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 6 slices Wright smoked bacon (crisp cooked)
- Fry or microwave bacon. Drain on paper towels. Break into small pieces when cool. Set aside. Mix all ingredients until well blended. Pour...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen