This amazing cornbread is filled with bacon, cheddar cheese and green chilies and baked in a cast iron skillet. It is so scrumptious that it's beyond words. Gluten free.
- 1 cup Longfellow’s Wayside Inn grist mill cornmeal
- 1/2 cup Pamela’s gluten free baking and pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or soured milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp. Grandma’s molasses
- 2 tbsp. bacon grease
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or cheddar jack cheese
- 6 slices Wrightsmoked bacon (crisp cooked)
- 4-oz. can diced green chilies
- Fry or microwave bacon. Drain on paper towels. Reserve at least 2 tbsp. grease. Break bacon into small pieces when cool. Set aside. Mix...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen