Arrabbiata Sauce is easy enough for any weeknight, but special enough for Sunday supper. Spicy, sweet, and absolutely perfect.
- 6 ounces hot italian sausage
- 2 dried red chilis, minced (seeds removed for a less spicy sauce)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1 pound fettuccine, cooked to al dente
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large sauté pan, brown the sausage. Remove the browned sausage, leaving behind the oil. Cook the chilies and the onion in the oil...
- Get the full instructions at Food Fanatic