This apple dumpling recipe can be enjoyed for breakfast, dessert or any time of the day at all!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup buttermilk, cold
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium granny smith apples
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for buttering baking dish
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 ounces ginger beer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 13x9-inch baking dish; set aside. Peel, core, and cut each of the apples into 8 pieces, giving you...
- Get the full instructions at Savory Experiments