Delicious bread for the breadmaker using Apple Butter, allspice and honey. You can also substitute apple pie spice for the allspice in the recipe if you have it on hand. This recipe makes a 2-lb. loaf.
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 4 cups King Arthur bread flour (don’t use all-purpose flour)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. allspice or apple pie spice
- 2 tsp. bread machine yeast
- 4 tsp. vital wheat gluten
- Layer in bread canister in order given. Place on normal bread setting. Mine takes 3 hours 50 minutes. Allow bread to sit in canister 15...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen