Amish sugar cookies are prepared to the traditional recipe discovered in an Amish cookbook. These are great fun to make with the kids!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beatens
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- decorating sugar, and milk, or royal icing
- 2 pounds confectioners sugar
- 8 1/2 tablespoons meringue powder
- 3/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix the dry...
- Get the full instructions at Savory Experiments