These rich, decadent bar-type cookies have a shortbread crust and a toffee layer with coconut and almonds. They are absolutely spectacular and perfect for tailgating parties, potlucks, Valentine's Day or the Super Bowl. Every bite will rock your world!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened )
- 1/4 cup Crisco vegetable shortening ((no substitutes))
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar (firmly packed, divided use)
- 1 cup UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour ((bleached flour toughens baked goods))
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds ((I used sliced almonds))
- powdered sugar (to sprinkle over top)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the butter, shortening and 1/2 cup brown sugar until...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen