This easy overnight oats recipe is packed with protein boasting a colorful and cheerful funfetti sprinkle twist!
Loaded with protein and creamy vanilla flavor, the addition of colorful rainbow sprinkles makes these overnight oats a total treat.
The best part? The tiny dollop of frosting made from vanilla protein powder on top! Seriously, you're going to love these easy overnight oats.
Are Overnight Oats Healthy?
Overnight oats have become super popular in recent years and it's easy to understand why! They're delicious and generally nutrient-dense.
The word "healthy" is a bit arbitrary and open to interpretation, so I won't make any claims about overnight oats posessing magical health benefits.
That said, generally overnight oats are rich in fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals which are all considered to be building blocks of good nutrition.
These overnight oats in particular are loaded with protein making them a delicious and filling make ahead breakfast option.
Funfetti Protein Overnight Oats with Yogurt
These overnight oats with yogurt are assembled parfait style, layering oatmeal with protein-rich Greek yogurt.
The delicious frosting is made with just two ingredients - vanilla protein powder and almond milk!
It's a sweet and creamy addition to these tasty protein overnight oats that sets this recipe up and over the edge.
While the texture is not like cake, since we are talking about oatmeal after all, the flavor is layered and just sweet enough to feel like a treat.
How To Make This Easy Overnight Oats Recipe
To make this easy overnight oats recipe, you'll need just a handful of pretty simple ingredients.
- Oats - When making overnight oats recipes, I prefer to use old fashioned rolled oats for a chewier texture.
- Sprinkles - The star of this overnight oats recipe is the rainbow sprinkles, of course!
- Almond milk - Unsweetened vanilla almond milk is used to both soak the oats and to make the frosting.
- Butter extract - Yes, butter exctract! It will add a buttercream-like quality to your overnight oats.
- Greek yogurt - Use vanilla Greek yogurt to assemble your oats - the thicker and creamier the texture the better!
- Protein powder - Vanilla protein powder is combined with the vanilla almond milk to whip up the frosting dollop.
Making overnight oats is so easy, making it a cinch to create several servings of this go-to make head breakfast for the week ahead.
- Toss together the oats and the sprinkles, then set aside.
- Whisk together almond milk and the butter extract before adding it to the oatmeal mixture and stirring to combine.
- Spoon some of the oatmeal and milk mixture into the bottom of a jar.
- Top with Greek yogurt, then add more oats. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, quickly make the frosting and top with additional sprinkles if desired.
More Easy Overnight Oats Recipes
I love these apple cinnamon overnight oats any time of the year, but they're especially tasty with fresh local apples in the fall.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Cyd is a native of Upstate New York, born to a family of women who love to cook and host parties. She shares her love of all things food, home and entertaining on her blog, The Sweetest Occasion and on Instagram.Tags: Oats, Easy, Breakfasts, Make Ahead, Sprinkles