Breakfast PotatoesMegan Myers | Stetted
Breakfast potatoes roasted to perfection, with the addition of red onions and peppers. Add some poached eggs, and you never need to go out for brunch again!
Roasted Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
- 1 pound Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 slices Thick Sliced Bacon
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Set a pot of water to boil.
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes. When water is boiling, add potatoes and baking soda and boil for 5 minutes. Drain potatoes.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove skillet from stove and place bacon on paper towels to drain.
- Toss potatoes, onion, and pepper in the rendered bacon fat. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder and stir to coat.
- Spread potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- At 30 minutes, stir in bacon, then cook another five minutes.
- Remove from oven, season to taste, and serve.