1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees
2. Whisk together both flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl until just combined,set aside
3. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and the melted butter.
4. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Batter will be thick and will still have some lumps. Set aside to rest while you heat the pan.
5. Heat a griddle or heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat for one to two minutes until hot. Add the remaining butter to the pan, and with a clean paper towel rub the butter over the bottom of the pan to evenly coat, removing the excess. Save the paper towel to reapply butter in between batches.
6. Using a half cup measure, add pancake batter (two at a time if you have the room in the pan) to the hot skillet, adding several blueberries (if using) and cook until the bottom is brown and bubbles pop on the surface and leave air holes rather than filling in with batter, 2-3 minutes, depending on the heat of your pan. Flip the pancake and cook for a 2-3 minutes on the other side until evenly browned and cooked through. Remove pancake to a plate and keep warm in the oven until the other pancakes are finished. Use the buttered paper towel to coat the bottom of the skillet with butter and repeat cooking until you have used all the batter.
7. Serve the pancakes with butter and syrup or toppings of your choice, enjoy!